This Elective gives insight and understanding of how to safely use thickening agents in home canning recipes.
After this online course, students will be able to:
- Distinguish between the various types of thickening agents safe for home canning.
- Understand viscosity's role in home canning and how to provide ample liquidity to a canning recipe.
- Learn how to use natural foods to create desired thickness in a canning recipe.
- Create and preserve a delicious canning recipe using cook-type ClearJel.
- Understand heat transfer and what happens to a recipe once it cools and is reheated.
Coming Soon. Launch date December 15, 2023.