This Series 100 course provides students with an in-depth understanding of the many styles of pickling. After this online course, students will be able to:
- Know the difference between fermentation and pickling.
- Understand the many different types of pickles and how to preserve them.
- Dive into the history and culture of pickling.
- Possess insight into reasoning and methodology behind the art of pickling.
- Understand the importance of and how to create safe brine ratios for home canning.
- Raw and hot pack three delicious canning recipes from start to finish.
- Understand scientific precision while exploring culinary creativity.
Learn at your own pace while exploring a variety of media to become knowledgeable on how to safely pickle. You will use a variety of videos, interactive PDFs, podcasts and downloadable content to make this experience fun and engaging!